Monday, August 24, 2009

First day of Kindergarten

Today was the first day of Kindergarten. Mitchell was very excited and couldnt wait to get there!

Gwendolyn had to wear her Batman shirt and backpack just like Mitchell







In front of the playground.


(I have to mention that Gwendolyns hair is all natural curl!)


She cried and cried to go with Mitchell



When we pick Mitchell up we go to the classroom door and they let the kids out one by one. While we were waiting for Mitchell Jackie started fussing. I turned my back to get him out of the stroller. When I turned back Gwennie was gone. Right when I was starting to panic I heard the teacher say "I am going to let Mitchell leave since his little sister is in here giving him hugs and kisses." When my back was turned she snuck into the classroom. When they were walking out she said "I missed you so much."

Mitchell loved the first day and cant wait to go back tomorrow. When we were walking to the van the conversation went like this.

Me: Did you make any friends today?


Mitchell: I thought that a good way to start talking to people and making friends would be to ask them what they wanted for Christmas but when I asked a few people nobody would answer me. I guess they are just still nervous.


Me: I bawled




3 comments:

Carolyn Anderson said...

Those pictures are precious. I love the one where Gwen is looking up at Mitchell. Sooo cute. I bet the other kids were so nervous and scared on the first day they became frozen when a normal question was asked of them. Mitchell will be the center of the playground - I have no doubt!!

Mandy said...

Oh that Mitchell . . . what a sweetheart!

vcsings said...

What precious times in your lives! It is wonderful that your kids love eachother like they do. Who would'nt love Mitchell, the perfect big brother? It is so fun to see your kids reaching these milestones. Don't worry, the years don't really speed up until they get out of elementary school.Then...just hang onto your hats you cats! Love you all!