Sunday, February 10, 2008

New Kids on the Block


I dont think many of you know this, except my family, but I was a HUGE New Kids on the Block fan. My sister and I went to two concerts. One in Salt Lake and one in Pullman Washington! I had a NKOTB outfit that I would wear to school. I wore a NKOTB sweatshirt, with black shorts and like back nylon stretch pant things. I had NKOTB shoe laces. A New Kids watch and three New kids bracelets. And some weird big huge Donnie button that I would put on my sweatshirt. Now that I am typing this Iam pretty embarrassed, and cant believe my Mom ever let me out of the house like that!!! My best friend and I spent most of 5 and 6 grade sneaking into the teachers work room borrowing construction paper, using the copy maching and paper hole punches to make our three rings binders into New kids scrapbooks. I cant believe I ever made it out of Elementary School! I am actually way excited that they are getting back together! I now have to talk my sister into going to another New Kids concert!!!

***I promise the music wont stay New Kids for very long!***

5 comments:

Mandy said...

Did Dev tell you we spent most of middle school MAKING FUN of New Kids On the Block? Well, now you know. BTW, those pictures of Gwendolyn with the darts on her head are priceless . . . and a little bit sad. She looks so sweet, innocent and bewildered!

Jenn said...

I'm with you, Em. My bf and I were OBSESSED! In fact, about a month and a half ago, Jordan and I got on YouTube and watched the E! True Hollywood Story on the NKOB - it was pretty funny, but very nostalgic. I'm glad their coming back! ;) Love the music!

Swordfish said...

Well I will admit that I did know every word to all of those songs you posted, well to be more accurate I DO STILL know all of the words to the songs. I don't know that I liked NKOTB themselves, but I am a music junkie and I know the lyrics to A LOT of songs, and at that time it would include Millie Vanille also. Oh I am so embarrassed :)

Corinne said...

I am sooo excited too!!! My entire room was plasted with NKOTB pictures. Mainly Joey (he was my favorite!) Seriously there was not an inch of wall showing. My mom still has my NKOTB scrapbook. So funny!If you can't convince your sister I will totally go with you to a concert!! I doubt I could convince Brian!

Melissa Monday said...

Although I wasn't the fan that you were, I really like the New Kids too. It was funny I wanted their album, so my mom bought me their first album. It wasn't nearly as "hip" as their later two albums from which the songs you have on your website come from. Anyway, it was fun to take a trip down memory lane.