Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Sad Heart

We had a tragedy happen in Las Vegas. A four year old little boy, who was mentally challenged was left in his family's van, parked outside their home for 17 hours. It is believed that the boy was in the van from 2:30 yesterday, when the family had been on an outing, until 8:30 this morning when a sibling went out to the van to leave and found his poor little body. The family has seven kids and said that it was an accident. They dont know for sure if the boy was left in the van or got back in by himself later. I dont think that it really matters how it happened. How in the world do you "forget" about your child for 17 hours. How do you not notice that your little boy is missing when you are feeding your family dinner? How about when you are taking baths and brushing teeth, or gathering jammies and clean undies? How in the world do you not notice that your four year old is missing when your tucking your kids into bed? How about when you peek into the bedrooms one last time before you go to bed for the night? Dont you notice the empty bed? How about the next morning when the family is getting ready for the day. HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN? I understand that seven children, although some are older and one is on a mission, would be very difficult. I dont understand how this can happen. How sad for this little spirit that neither his parents nor any of this siblings noticed that he was not around for 17 hours. I know that I dont really know what happend but I have a hard time seeing how this was an accident. I have to admit that I dont feel sympathy for this family. I feel so sad for the poor little boy who was scared to death sitting in the van in the heat and the dark dying. The only thing that makes me feel better is that he is in his Heavenly Fathers arms being comforted. I think that this has been so hard on me is cause I have a four year old little boy and I dont understand how people let his happen.

5 comments:

Tamy said...

My heart goes out to the little boy who everyone forgot. I don't understand how they forgot about him for 17 hours! That is crazy, I freak out if my kids are quiet for 5 minutes. At least now he is safe and loved

Mandy said...

That is so sad! I always get worked up when Michael comes home and tells me sad stories about the kids he sees in the hospital . . . especially if they are the same age as mine.

vcsings said...

I guess we need to be thankful for everyday that we have with our children. I am so glad that All my immediate and extended family have such great moms in their familys, who love and take care of their kids. Children are "an inheritance from God, and happy is the man who has his quiver full of them".I know that handicapped children are a challenge, but GET SOME HELP PEOPLE!

Swordfish said...

wow, how sad. I am with Tamy I get worried if my kids are quiet for 5 minutes. I can't imagine doing that.

Jenn said...

That just breaks my heart! I cannot imagine it, nor do I ever want to understand how someone can forget about their child for more than 5 minutes! I honestly see people who seem to have more kids than they can handle, and I think that they seriously do not deserve those children. I know too many people who cannot have children who would NEVER forget a child, not even for 2 minutes! I'm just glad that we know he's home with his Heavenly Father - who'll ALWAYS remember him!